Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Insanity.

After one full rotation of P90X and one full rotation of P90X+, I've decided to give Insanity a try, and I'm really excited. I started out P90X at 142 pounds, in really pretty good shape from occasional weights, and consistent Jiu Jitsu (4-6 times per week) but I wanted to get stronger.

Now... There's not a TON of difference really, but after P90X, I'm closer to 146-148 lbs on an average day (assuming I haven't gone overboard with sodium) which is a little too close to the cutoff for jiu jitsu tournaments for the featherweight division of 149.9 lbs, especially when you add in a 3-5 pound uniform!

Enter Insanity. My goal is to really ratchet up the cardio and see how things go after 60 days.

I begin on Monday. I'll post my pre insanity photos before I start and my results from my fit test.

Again, photos are posted on my Facebook page, let me know if you'd like to see them. 

No comments: